Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: train depot

Oneta Smith (Mrs. Joe Hall) is shown standing on the railroad tracks near the Sharpsburg depot. All of the buildings shown no longer exist on Depot Street in Sharpsburg. The station sign always read "Sharpsboro," but the U.S. Post Office sign read…

This photo shows Peek's Crossing, one of several train "whistle stops" located throughout Coweta County. Train passengers waved the trains to a stop at the little stations. World War II soldiers remember boarding the train at Peek's Crossing as the…

This photograph made in April 1943 in front of the old train depot in Newnan shows a group of young men who had been inducted into the service. They had come home for seven days of leave and were ready to leave for the service. On the front row are…

These young Coweta County men were inducted into the United States Army on July 8, 1943, and are shown at the Newnan train depot as they headed for Fort McPherson in Atlanta. Some of the men on the second row have been identified, including Johnny…

The Newnan passenger train station is shown in this old photograph as it appeared in 1970. It was provided by Merrill S. Hughie, who was a railway clerk at this depot for 42 years for both the A&WP Railway and the Central of Georgia (Southern…

The old Atlanta and West Point railroad station was located on East Broad Street in Newnan. The building was demolished in the late 1960's.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2