MORELAND RAILROAD STATION
Moreland Railroad Station
Moreland is the traditional place to eat barbecue on July 4th in Coweta County - and has been for 40 years. In recent years the town has added the Puckett Station crafts fair to the annual barbecue event. The crafts fairs goes by the name for the community before it became Moreland. This photo shows the Moreland Railroad Station built in 1887 when the name was changed from Puckett Station to Moreland. The sign over the entrance was for the "Southern Express Company," and the one by the bay window was for the "Western Union Telegraph Office." The Moreland sign had "Atlanta 45" on the left side and "Montgomery 130" on the right side. The bottom halves of the bay windows were covered with chicken wire to keep papers from being pulled out of the windows by passing express trains. The upper halves of the windows had stained glass inserts.
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. Permission for use must be cleared through the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society. Licensing agreement may be required.
Still Image Item Type Metadata