Newnan Chevrolet Dealership

Dublin Core

Title

Newnan Chevrolet Dealership

Subject

Industry

Description

In 1935 the J.L Weddingon, Jr. Chevrolet dealership and Texaco gasoline station was located on Greenville Street at the site presently occupied by Arnall Insurance Company and the drive-in windows of the C&S Bank. Shown in the photograph is the staff of the company in 1935 as they gather around the "modern" automobile wrecker. Seated are J.L. Weddington, Jr., Buster Cox and Inman Tolbot. Standing are, from left, Albert Reese, B.S. Shorter, Willie Brown, Buck Johnson, George Williams, Coley Pike, J.P. Coker, (first name unknown) Smith, Bill Dudley, Jim Dunlap and Bill Keith.

Publisher

Newnan Times-Herald

Date

1935

Contributor

Jimmy Weddington

Rights

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. Permission for use must be cleared through the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society. Licensing agreement may be required.

Identifier

CCR 1985.07.09

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photo

Files

CCR 1985.07.09.jpg
Date Added
July 31, 2016
Collection
Coweta County Remembered
Item Type
Still Image
Tags
, ,
Citation
“Newnan Chevrolet Dealership,” Newnan-Coweta History Center, accessed June 18, 2024, https://newnancowetahistoricalsociety.omeka.net/items/show/30.