NEWNAN FIRST METHODIST
Newnan First Methodist Episcopal Church
The cornerstone for the first brick building of the Newnan First Methodist Episcopal Church was laid on August 25, 1874. Two views of the old church building are shown in these photographs. The church, the congregation of which is now Newnan First United Methodist Church, was located at the southwest corner of Jackson and Madison Streets and completed in June 1885. In 1909, the church was renovated, and memorial windows were installed. Later, in 1928, the congregation moved into a new church building on Greenville Street, where the church remains today.
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. Permission for use must be cleared through the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society. Licensing agreement may be required.
Still Image Item Type Metadata