PROTECTING THE CITY OF HOMES
The old City of Newnan Fire Department
This scene was photographed in front of the old City of Newnan Fire Department on June 19, 1949, when it was located on LaGrange Street in what is now Barron's appliance store. The fire department was moved to a new building beside the Municipal Building on Jefferson Street in the late 1970s. Note the fire truck. From left are Alton Haynie, Raiford Story, Joel Davis (the present fire chief), Joe Moore, Hershel Johnson, John E. Posey, James Attaway, Jack Millians, Richard Jones, Phillip Jackson, O.C. Williams Sr., Walter Wright and Earnest Kidd.
June 19, 1949
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. Permission for use must be cleared through the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society. Licensing agreement may be required.
Still Image Item Type Metadata