GRANTVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOL
Grantville Public School
The Grantville Public School building shown in a postcard, top, from Thomas A. Glanton, former principal, was actually the third building. Constructed in 1937, it had nine classrooms for 11 grades. Grades eight and nine were combined for home room, as were 10 and 11. It included a home economics department, science lab, study hall, library and gymnasium. A small lunch room was added about three years later. The school was renamed Glanton School before it closed in the early 1980s. It is now used by the West Georgia Regional Educational Service Agency. In the photo at left, also from Glanton, is the first building constructed in 1869 or 1870. When replaced by a two-story building, this structure was moved to Gus Arnold Road and was used as Grantville Brown School.
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. Permission for use must be cleared through the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society. Licensing agreement may be required.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Photograph, post card